Second quarter 2017 – used motor yachts wanted
In the second quarter of 2017, motor yachts were popular, according to the yacht brokers connected to the HISWA Association and the Dutch Association of Ship brokers.
Period of sale used yachts decreased
“We see that the attractive demand for motor yachts also means that the average sales time has decreased from 430 to 350 days,” said Harald Falkeisen, chairman of the NBMS. “In general, about 20% less boats are sold in the first quarter of 2017 than in the same period last year.”
Q2-17 shows increase in sales
“But in the second quarter we again see an increase in sales. In total, 10% more boats were sold than in the second quarter of 2016. In the higher segment, over 200,000 Euro, it remains a challenge to find buyers, “Falkeisen said.
Foreign buyers stay interested constantly
Buyers from abroad are permanently interested in Dutch yacht offerings, about 25% of sail and motor yachts sold abroad.
“We see that the attractive demand for motor yachts also means that the average sales time has decreased from 430 to 350 days!”
Data collection by joint initiative certified yacht brokers
Find your way around NLyachts
- Selling your yacht with NLyachts
- Search for the brand of your yacht
- Find one of the NBMS or HISWA yacht brokers of your choice
- Start looking for boat prices
- Compare the prices of used motor yachts
- Compare the prices of used sail boats
- Purchase your boat with NLyachts
- Frequently asked questions about selling or purchasing your boat